After a long day of work, it’s easy to come home and slip back into the screens; phones, laptops, televisions... they make vegging out so easy! As important as it is to start your day off right, it’s important to give your mind and body the proper wind-down routine they need:
DON’T: BINGE ONE MORE EPISODE
- We love a Netflix and chill night as much as the next girl, but knowing when to pull the plug is key to getting a good night’s sleep… especially on weeknights. Give yourself a limit and stick to it! Whether it's a 10 pm curfew or a 2 episode max, set some restrictions so you don't wake up to your computer asking if you’re still there.
DO: TURN DOWN YOUR PHONE SCREEN
- Your eyes are locked on the screen all day, so do them a favor and turn down the brightness when you can. The change in settings will help your eyes and mind relax so you can slip into sleepytime a little easier.
DON’T: FORGET TO USE A TONER
- It’s like a glass of water for your skin! Give your complexion a boost of hydration before dozing off and you’ll wake up feeling more refreshed. Not only does a toner add another layer of moisture, but it also helps shrink pore size, reduce inflammation, and keep redness at bay.
DO: DRINK WATER
- Just like a toner provides great hydration for the skin, a small glass of water before bed will keep your body hydrated all night long. There’s no need to drink a full water bottle or keep a glass on your bedside table… If you do, you’ll likely have to get up in the middle of the night!
DON’T: SCROLL THROUGH SOCIAL MEDIA
- Give your thumb a rest and stop scrolling in bed. The stimulation of images, videos and memes will keep your mind alert when it needs to settle down. Trust us, it will still be there in the morning... Ready for your double-taps!
DO: USE BALANCING CLEANSER TO REMOVE ALL YOUR MAKE-UP:
- As much as we love makeup, we can’t wait to get home and wash it all off. Using an oil-based cleanser will rid the skin of dirt, makeup, and other impurities without leaving it dry or tight. Make sure to find one that is pH-balanced, so your skin won’t be stripped of the good oils it needs to stay moisturized.
DON’T: CHECK WORK EMAIL:
- Three words: it can wait! You’ve already put in the hours at work, so fight the urge to check back in before bed. You’ll wake up with a fresh mind and be ready to tackle whatever pressing needs were sent the night before.
DO: USE FACE CREAM TO REPAIR & HYDRATE
- Applying face cream is like tucking in your skin for the night. It’s a layer of nutrients that penetrate the skin to hydrate and repair damage as you’re sleeping. You’ll wake up with a visibly softer and smoother complexion!
DON’T: TEXT A FRIEND
- Starting a conversation at 10 pm in bed? Probably not the best idea. Give your besties the chill time they deserve and rain check your convo for your lunch break the next day.
DO: HAVE WIND DOWN TIME
- Whether it’s a bubble bath, a face mask, a book, or a snuggle sesh with your S.O., wind down time should always be an important part of your day! Once you get into a routine of practicing self-care before bed, you’ll be hard-pressed to give it up. A little bit of happiness before bed will let you sleep better and wake up feeling fresh.