Last Updated: February 19, 2020.
Please read carefully.
PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION COLLECTED
The categories of personally identifiable information we may collect and have collected within the past 12 months from you include:
- Identifiers - Including without limitation your real name, account name, unique identifiers, email address, postal address, billing address, phone number, birthdate, credit card information, social media handle or moniker, or other similar identifiers.
- Legally Protected Characteristics – Including without limitation, your age and gender.
- Commercial Information - Including without limitation our products you purchased, obtained, considered, or returned and promotions, sweepstakes, contests, and other loyalty programs you participated in.
- Audio and Visual Information – Including without limitation images or recordings of you if you attend one of our promotional and marketing offline events and any voice recordings that you voluntarily leave on voice mailboxes or that we may collect when you call customer services.
- Inferences Drawn About Your Preferences – Including without limitation your beauty and related preferences and interests, characteristics, behaviors on and offline, purchase patterns, and other inferences drawn from other types of information we collect from you.
- Other Categories of Personal Data that Relates to or is Reasonably Capable of Being Associated with You - Including without limitation the messages and other content you send us (e.g., feedback and reviews of our products and services or questions and information you provide to our staff and customer services) and information we collect from you if you interact with us on other Platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and other social media or interactive pages.
HOW INFORMATION IS USED
We use personally identifiable information and non-personally identifiable information in a variety of ways, including without limitation to:
- Operate and improve our Sites, customer service, or product and service offerings;
- Personalize and improve your experience on our Sites (e.g., your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs);
- Respond to comments and questions and provide customer service (e.g., your information helps us to effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs);
- Send you newsletters (if you signed up for it) about products, promotions, and other information that we believe may interest you;
- Operate and maintain our promotions, contests, sweepstakes, and games;
- Provide tailored content, services, advertisements, and offers;
- Administer and manage your account or loyalty program membership;
- Verify your identity and prevent fraud;
- Fulfill product purchases and Kopari Auto Replenishments;
- Conduct research and analytics and create aggregated, pseudonymized, or anonymized information for statistical purposes;
- Post your content and consumer reviews on the Sites, our social media pages, Platforms, and related third party sites that retail or feature our brand and products;
- Enable you to interact with third-party content service providers, whether by linking to their sites, viewing their content within our online environment, or by viewing our content within their online environment; and
- Fulfilling any other business or commercial purposes at your direction or with your consent.
We collect certain aggregate and non-personally identifiable information when you visit our Sites. Aggregate and non-personally identifiable information does not relate to a single, identifiable visitor. It tells us how many users visited our Sites or the pages accessed. By collecting this information, we learn how to best tailor our Sites to our visitors. We collect this information through a “cookie” and other technologies, as explained below.
SHARING OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
The categories of entities to whom we disclose and have shared information within the last 12 months, include:
- Service Providers - Kopari shares information with entities that help us with maintaining and operating our Sites, payment processing, data analytics, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes. These companies may only use such information to perform those functions and may not use it for any other purpose, although we may permit them to use aggregate information which does not identify you or de-identified data for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law.
- Vendors - We may share information with vendors and other entities in connection with tailoring advertisements, measuring, and improving our Sites and advertising effectiveness, processing your specific requests, and enabling other enhancements to our products, services, and offline events. These companies may act as our service providers, or in certain contexts, independently decide how to process your information.
- Promotional Partners - If you voluntarily enroll in our newsletters, we share information to help us provide and operate our e-newsletter offerings. This includes without limitation sharing your information with our service providers that maintain our e-newsletters, our third party partners (or their service providers) participating in our promotions, or other third parties for administrative purposes.
- Third Parties in Connection with a Merger, Acquisition or Other Business Transaction - We may share information if Kopari is involved in a merger, acquisition, sale of all or a portion of its assets, financings, joint ventures, reorganization, dissolution, liquidation, or other event where we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business assets or equity. We will not provide you with notice before disclosure in such cases.
- Third Parties for Security and Compelled Disclosure Purposes - Kopari must disclose information about you in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including but not limited to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We may share information about you in connection with legal requirements, such as in response to an authorized subpoena or when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, or investigate fraud. Such disclosures may be carried out without notice to you.
- Third Parties that You Direct Us to Share With - We share information at your request or direction, such as when you purchase a gift card and direct us to send it to a certain recipient. We may also share your information with notice and as required by applicable law, with your consent.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
We may use third party companies to serve advertisements, measure the performance and engagement with our ads, provide analytic, preference, and interest information. In some instances, these ad network providers, social platforms, sponsors, and/or analytics service providers may use their own tracking technology to capture information about your device, use and engagement online.
We may recognize your information across different devices that you use or log in from (e.g., computers or mobile devices). We may recognize that one cookie ID (e.g., from a computer) may be connected to another device (e.g., smart phone) by the device ID or log in. This may result in you searching for one of our products on one device but seeing an advertisement later for that product on another device. By knowing what devices are being used by a person or household helps us limit the number of times you may see the same advertisement across different devices.
You can specify your preferences over the use of some of these technologies by changing your preferences regarding cookie collection via changes to your web browser. Additionally, you can manage third party advertising preferences for some of the third parties we work with that serve advertising across the internet by using the choices available at www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and www.aboutads.info/choices. We do not guarantee that all of the third parties we work with will honor the elections you make using those options, but we strive to work with third parties that do. Some Platforms (i.e., Facebook) allow you to exercise ad choices, limit data collection and clear your history on that Platform as well.
Our Sites are intended for general audiences and is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personally identifiable information without parental consent, please contact us at email@example.com. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personally identifiable information without parental consent, we will take reasonable steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
Kopari implements reasonable practices to protect your personally identifiable information from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, or destruction. No data transmission or electronic storage is infallible. Therefore, Kopari cannot guarantee or warrant the security of the personally identifiable information that you transmit to Kopari.
WHAT CHOICES DO YOU HAVE OVER HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS USED?
In this section, we describe the rights and choices available to all users.
- Access or Update Your Account Information - If you registered for an account with us, you may review and update certain personally identifiable information in your account profile by logging into your account and editing your Account and Billing information.
- Opt Out of Marketing Communications - You may opt out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions located at the bottom of the email. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails (e.g., emails confirming your online orders). If you receive marketing text messages from us, you may opt out of receiving further marketing text messages from us by replying STOP to our marketing message.
- Cookies - Most browsers let you remove and/or stop accepting cookies from the websites you visit. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser’s settings.
- Do-Not-Track - Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
- Privacy Settings and Location Data - Users of our Sites can disable our access to their device’s precise geolocation in their electronic device settings.
- Choosing Not to Share Your Personally Identifiable Information - We do not require you to register or provide personally identifying information to view our Sites or access much of its content. However, there are certain instances where we need your information to provide you with certain services or provide you access to certain features of our Sites (e.g., to process your online orders). In addition, if you terminate your account or membership to our newsletters, Program (defined below), or other incentive programs, or if you choose not to join, you may not be able to benefit from the discounts, free sample, gifts, or free shipping offered to customers who sign up for such programs.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Under the California “Shine The Light” law, California residents may opt-out of our disclosure of personally identifiable information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. As detailed above, you may choose to opt-out of the sharing of your personally identifiable information with third parties for marketing purposes at any time by changing your cookie settings on your web browsers. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. It is important to note that this opt-out does not prohibit disclosures made for non-marketing purposes.
Under the California Consumer Protection Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), California consumers have certain rights regarding the collection and use of their personally identifiable information by Kopari. Since the implementing regulations of the CCPA are not yet final and there remain differing interpretations of the law, we may from time-to-time update information in this and other notices regarding our data practices and California consumers’ rights, modify our methods for responding to California consumers’ requests, and/or supplement our response to California consumers’ requests, as we continue to develop our compliance program to reflect the evolution of the CCPA and our understanding of how it relates to our data practices.
For more information regarding the information described below, please see the following Sections:
- The categories of personally identifiable information Kopari collects from consumers in the preceding 12 months (each a “Category of PI”) - See “PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION COLLECTED”
- The categories of sources from which each Category of PI may be collected from. - See “PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION COLLECTED”
- The business or commercial purposes for which each Category of PI may be collected for. - See “HOW INFORMATION IS USED”
- The categories of third parties with whom Kopari may share each Category of PI. - See “SHARING OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION”
California consumers have the right to request to know what personally identifiable information has been collected, used and disclosed about them within the past 12 months of the date of their verified request, and to access that information. California consumers may also request deletion of their personal information, though exceptions under the CCPA may allow Kopari to retain and use certain personally identifiable information notwithstanding their deletion request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the CCPA. However, if you choose not to provide us with certain information, you may not be eligible to receive certain promotions and offers for our products and services (e.g., if you do not sign up for our newsletters or Program, you may not benefit from receiving notifications of discounts, free samples, gifts, or free shipping to customers that may be exclusively offered to our subscribers).
Kopari does not “sell” your personally identifiable information as defined under the CCPA. It will not do so in the future without providing you with notice and an opportunity to opt-out of such sale as required by law.
If you are a California consumer, you may exercise any of your rights described in this section by contacting us via the methods listed under “HOW TO CONTACT US” below.
We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before responding to a request, which may require you to provide (a) three specific pieces of data we have on file for you (e.g., your name, email address and billing address) and (b) a statement that you “declare under penalty of perjury that you are the person about whom the Right to Know/Delete request has been made.”
You are also permitted to designate an authorized agent to submit certain requests on your behalf. For an authorized agent to be verified, you must provide the authorized agent with signed, written permission to make such requests or a power of attorney. We may also follow up with you to verify your identity according to the above method before processing the authorized agent’s request.
If we cannot successfully verify you according to the above methods, then we will not be able to comply with your request.
YOUR NEVADA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Nevada law (SB 220) requires website operators to provide a way for Nevada consumers to opt-out of the sale of certain information that the website operator may collect about them. Kopari does not sell your personally identifiable information to third parties as defined in Nevada law, and will not do so without providing you with notice and an opportunity to opt-out of such sale as required by law. If you have any questions regarding our data privacy practices or our compliance with Nevada data privacy law, please contact us via the methods listed under “HOW TO CONTACT US” below.
We may limit the availability of our Sites to any person or geographic area at any time. If you access our Sites from outside the United States, you do so at your own risk.
IF YOU ARE A USER ACCESSING OUR SITES FROM ANY OTHER COUNTRY WITH LAWS OR REGULATIONS GOVERNING PERSONAL DATA COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE THAT DIFFER FROM THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES, PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THROUGH YOUR CONTINUED USE OF OUR SITES, YOU ARE TRANSMITTING YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO THE UNITED STATES AND YOU CONSENT TO THAT TRANSMISSION. ADDITIONALLY, YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO AND PROCESSED IN COUNTRIES (INCLUDING THE UNITED STATES) WHERE LAWS REGARDING PROCESSING PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION MAY BE LESS STRINGENT THAN IN YOUR COUNTRY.
SMS/MMS MOBILE MESSAGING MARKETING PROGRAM
If you choose, you can provide your mobile phone number to receive text message alerts from us to receive product and/or event information, tips or promotions (the “Program”). You agree that by providing your mobile phone number you expressly consent to receive automated marketing text messages from us to the mobile phone number provided. We will only use information you provide through the Program to transmit your mobile messages and respond to you, if necessary. This includes, but is not limited to, sharing information with platform providers, phone companies, and other vendors and service providers who assist us in the delivery of mobile messages. Text Messages are distributed via third party mobile network providers and, therefore, we cannot control certain factors relating to message delivery. Depending on the recipient’s mobile carrier, it may not be possible to transmit the text message to the recipient successfully; nor is content available on all carriers. We do not claim or guarantee availability or performance of the Program’s services, including liability for transmission delays or message failures. WE DO NOT SELL, RENT, LOAN, TRADE, LEASE, OR OTHERWISE TRANSFER FOR PROFIT ANY PHONE NUMBERS OR CUSTOMER INFORMATION COLLECTED THROUGH THE PROGRAM TO ANY THIRD PARTY. Nonetheless, we reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or governmental request, to avoid liability, or to protect our rights or property. When you complete forms online or otherwise provide us information in connection with the Program, you agree to provide accurate, complete, and true information. You agree not to use a false or misleading name or a name that you are not authorized to use. If, in our sole discretion, we believe that any such information is untrue, inaccurate, or incomplete, or you have opted into the Program for an ulterior purpose, we may refuse you access to the Program and pursue any appropriate legal remedies.
When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and sellingprocess, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, addressand email address. When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internetprotocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn aboutyour browser and operating system. Email marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates. Text marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send text messages aboutour store, new products, and other updates. Updates include Checkout Reminders.Webhooks will be used to trigger the Checkout Reminders messaging system.
You can opt out from further text marketing communications by texting STOP to the SMS number used by Kopari, or its third party service provider, to contact you.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of the Program that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of the information you provide through the Program to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us via the methods listed under “HOW TO CONTACT US” below.
In the event that we determine that a data security incident rising to the level of a breach has occurred, we will notify you as set forth in relevant laws.
HOW TO CONTACT US
7911 Herschel Ave Suite 300
La Jolla, CA 92037
Attn: Website Administrator